Super Easy Tuscan Bread Soup
Here is a really quick soup that can be made from basic ingredients you’ll probably have in your pantry. It is surprisingly filling too and terrific for a quick lunch on a cold winter’s day. I made this in my Thermomix which made the chopping and mincing super quick but I’ve made the recipe below for making soup ‘the old fashioned’ way.
- 50 grams of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 chilli
- 800 gram tin of crushed tomato
- 100 grams of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons YIAH Tuscan Style Capsicum Pesto (see notes below)
- Fresh Basil leaves (optional)
- Fresh Parsley (optional)
- Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top
- Dried bread chunks – can use day old bread or toast in the oven until golden and crispy
- Finely mince the garlic and chili (remove seeds if desired).
- Heat oil in your soup pot and add the garlic and chili saute for a few minutes to soften and release flavour.
- Add the tomatoes, water and seasonings and bring to a low boil, reduce heat and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving stir through the fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Place chunks of bread in the bottom of your soup bowls for serving, ladel soup over the bread – sprinkle with chopped parsley and parmesan cheese.